A lot of people lack confidence when working with crack cocaine users and people using other stimulants. This two day course will develop your understanding of Psycho-Stimulant Users and their needs when attending support services. We explore reasons for using, cravings and harm reduction approaches to both smoked and injected drug use.
As with all Injecting Advice LTD courses the main focus is on giving delegates the practical skills required to work with psyco-stimulant users.
Who is the course for
This course was developed for anyone whose role brings them into contact with users of crack cocaine and other psyco-stimulants.
- Understand how crack cocaine is produced
- Understand the range of effects on the system
- Identify how people use cocaine and crack
- Understand harm reduction strategies related to injecting
- Understand harm reduction strategies related to piping
- Become aware of the issues of mixing drugs
- Compare the range of treatment options available
- Consider the latest knowledge and research on interventions and identify best practice
- Describe how you will respond to the needs of users
- Explore attitudes to crack/cocaine use
- Understand how to use a number of different tools to aid support session